Introduction to Authorship and Authorship Reports
Assessment & Feedback
Event bookings can only be created between
01/02/2023 - 10/02/2023
Who should attend?
Irene Glendinning - Academic Integrity Lead
This workshop provides an overview of Authorship which is a Turnitin application that allows us to bring together all the work one student has submitted via Turnitin during their time as a student at Coventry University Group. The tool analyses each submission and presents a range of comparative metrics and analytics that can provide clues and evidence to determine whether the work may have been written, partially or completely, by someone (either human or artificial intelligence) other than the student.
We have a limited number of licenses for this product, however, all staff are welcome to find out more about what information this tool can provide to support the range of academic misconduct that we could otherwise miss.
What are the benefits?
This workshop will offer information around the range of support available if staff are concerned about students submitting work not written by themselves.
Topics covered include:
- The range of intelligence and information Authorship can provide
- What sections of information is useful and less useful
- Examples of how Authorship has been used to detect and evidence contract cheating and other forms of academic misconduct.
- Practical experience in accessing and interpreting some anonymised sample reports
- Use of check-lists in conjunction with Authorship.
- Discussion about student use of tools with Artificial intelligence.
- Other useful sources of evidence
Occasions for this event
Details about the occasions for this event is shown below. To add or edit occasions click on edit event to the right.
|14/02/2023 09:00 - 10:30