Event bookings can only be created between
23/09/2020 - 11/07/2021
What are the benefits?
Louise Wilson and Peter Harrison
This interactive workshop is designed to welcome staff to the teaching community here at Coventry, and introduce them to the Coventry way of teaching and learning. Those who attend will:
• Gain an awareness of the key support and systems available for undertaking key duties and practical tasks related to teaching and learning;
• Develop foundational knowledge of key systems, policies, and processes, and how these impact on teaching and learning practices.
Delivered by Academic Development and Registry staff, the session will help academics compile a toolkit of key contacts and resources, and to create a personalised action plan to take forward following the session.
Topics covered include:
• Being a teacher/academic at Coventry University
• Introduction to designing and delivering teaching at CU
• Introduction to assessing student learning at CU
• Policies and procedures that impact on teaching at CU
• Introduction to evaluating teaching and learning at CU
• Continuing Professional Development in your role as an academic
Who should attend?
• Please bring a laptop or smartphone.
• The session is designed to complement Faculty/Departmental Induction, and the University’s All Staff Induction, plus resources on the Academic Development website.
• Our "NEW TO CU" collection of workshops are especially useful for new academic staff following on from induction. See our events and workshops page for details.
• Established Academic Staff are welcome to attend if they would like to refresh their knowledge of CU’s teaching and learning practices.
• RESEARCHERS: separate induction provision is available for staff on research contracts. See http://recap.coventry.domains/ or e-mail email@example.com for details.
Occasions for this event
Details about the occasions for this event is shown below. To add or edit occasions click on edit event to the right.
|13/07/2021 13:00 - 16:00